Saturday, August 31

My lacy singlet - my first crochet project!

I sow it, I loved it, I wanted to do it!
It was on La grande Maglia n. 16- 2013.

I decided to use the Carina Cotton by Grignasco and I used 4.5 skeins. The beginning was a little bit tricky but with a little help from a Raveler I could go on. The rest was quite easy and I decided to make it a little bit longer, just one block of 16 rows and it was perfect for me



I know that the effect is not the same of the model ... but give me a few months of running and working out and I will improve widely!

The most difficult part of this project, in my opinion, was the crochet at the bottom.... I had never performed with crochet so I was a bit doubtful about it...
but you can see that I managed to do it fine!
Another thing I did was addin an extra 16 rows at the bottom of the body, they were perfect for the lenght I wanted forme and did not alterate the optical effect of the pattern.


I really loved it and I learned that crochet is not so intimidating!



1 comment: