Wednesday, May 1

Half way to top down

I've almost done it!

I have to finish the bust and the arms and it is a certain amount of time, but the cardigan has been set up.




The top is done, the arms are on hold and I started the body and, most of all, the eyelet pattern.

I've even tried the technique to put some contrast yarn every ten rows and it seems very useful.

The change I did to the original patter (Gilet nuage - nuage cardigan- by Maud Jacquey, that I found on Ravelry) is that she used the eyelets pattern even under the underarms, while I preferred to divide it in 3 groups: the back and the 2 parts in front, so to have room under the arms if I want to shape the cardigan at a certain point.

The shape of the neck is a little different and I had to make it in a larger size as at the moment I'm not a small!!!!

Today, while at my brother house, I was knitting  and my brother was sewing  so my niece looked at me and said: "You are doing like Tweety Granny!" then she (4 years old) asked me if she could help... we made together 2 stitches and the she decided that the cardigan and needles where too heavy ... I'm so proud of her!

What makes me think is the granny thing, as it's more or less like this:



While I feel more or less like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment