Sunday, June 30

Ella summer top - Debbie Bliss

I loved this patter... as soon as I sow it I wanted to do it! I think that this shape of arms flatters me and I really wanted one!



I made little changes to the pattern to make it fit better my body and to reach the effect that is more flattering for me.
I worked it with circular needles form the bottom up.
I casted on 188 stitches and made the bust 35 cm long. I did not want it to stay too fitted, on the contrary I wanted some comfort. It is for summer and I want air to pass!
Starting the armholes I bind off just 3 stitches and not 5, as I read on other people that already had done it that the armholes where too open.
I decided to make the neck much little than the pattern…
I casted on just 8 stitches each side instead of 16.
In the front and back I arrived there with the space between the two cable patterns that counted 24 stockinette stitches, too many for my neck!
Then I made last row with 1 stockinette stitch and 1 knit two together for 8 times and so I reduced to 16 stockinette stitches in the middle. It fitted perfectly!
 For the neck I opened a little the cable pattern to make it simple but even to make it more evident, so I decided to make a purl2 4cable pattern and purl 2 and then start the k2 p2 pattern straight and I liked the effect!

One little comment on the yarn... the final effect was fantastic, bu the yarn needed much more strength than wool or other cottons... it was difficult and I had to stop after a few rows. I like the fact that is cotton and silk. And the kind of yarn is perfect for geometric patterns with a simple shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment