Friday, October 11

Miss Bennet, it is the end!

What to tell if not just that finally I've finished Miss Bennet! I loved it and I started it some months ago, but I had to stop in the summer as it was too hot to work with wool. I could not wait to see it finished and now that the end finally came I'm soooooooooooo proud of my lilac sweater!

First I casted on 220 stitches, but it was too much, so I started again with 180 stitches and it seems better.I divided them in 31-28-62-28-31. When at the wrap and turn point I made it on 8 stitches base instead than 10 stitches. On marker C I increased 6 times instead of 5.

Then I went of 'till I tried it on and I thought it was the right size for me (I have not taken note of how many rows or increases I did, but surely more than the ones of the original pattern as I'm not a teenager like the beautiful girl in the photos!).

When arrived to the bust I made more decreases 'till I arrived at my waist, always trying the sweater on.
Then started to increase. when  I was near the finishing length I decided not to do the 28 seed stitch rows, but to stop the seed stitch at 14. Then I made a bigger garter stitch part, increasing the needle from 2,50mm to 3,00mm and at the end to 3,50mm so to have a loose bind off. It worked nicely!

Almost forgetting to say that when alternating seed stitch rows and stockinette stitches rows I made them 14 and 14, same number, even if the pattern suggested a 15 and 14 division.









No comments:

Post a Comment