Friday, October 11

Autumn, new yarn, new projects!

This autumn I have many projects in my queue...

First it comes the most important request... 
my auntie Francesca is in bed, she has been in this situation for a long time and doctors say that she is old and so ill that there are no possibilities she could be better than this.  Now I love my auntie a lot and she has been playing a lot with me and my brother, when we were children. 
The other thing is that she is most affectionate to her mother (my grandmother) as my auntie never married and lived all her life with her family. My grandmother used to knit a lot ant to make for each nephew and niece a big adult blanket each with recycled wool from old sweaters. Every time I use needles I can still see my grandmother near the window of her house knitting and so can my auntie. We have this big love of Grandma in common. 

So, when last time I went to auntie Francesca to make her see my progresses in knitting, it was a big surprise that she asked me a red shawl... I bought a very soft and warm wool - Mondial Prima in red. Then I decided about the pattern Alma Ella Shawl by Robin Lynn... At the moment I've finished the garter section and it very well written and easy to follow... I'm very grateful to the author for this nice present, as it's a free ravelry download.





Second yarn bought, second project!
When I went to Cafilan to buy the red yarn I decided to try for the second time to do a scarf for my beloved husband. The other attempt has been a failure, as the scarf was too short and he did not use it. So I could find some 100% cashmere on sale with a pale blue colour (my husband wears just all the shades of blue).

Now I have to find the right pattern, but I'm almost sure that I will have to do it in stockinette stitch, after trying to talk with him about cabled patterns or with squares or whatever... every time he tells me that he prefers the stockinette... so the problem is how to do it with edges that don't curl.... I'm a little bit scared that i will have to knit it with the double knitting technique, to make it perfect, so I think I will have to run to buy the double of the yarn not to make it short another time!!!!




Then I bought even a yarn for me! 
I've seen this yarn for the first time last May and I fell in love with it! It's a mix of cashmere and silk that was made by Filatura di Crosa and that now is out of production.
What a crazy choice... I found it soooooooooo beautiful and soft. Soooo lovely the colours, that I had to have it!
I dreamt about it for all the summer and now, at the beginning of the Autumn, I bought it. I've not still decided what to do.. but all I know is that I want a soft soft sweater with lace pattern... we will see!





No comments:

Post a Comment