Sunday, January 12

Queue of presents!

Incredible! This is the only word that comes in my mind when thinking to the development of my hobby in those last months!
Christmas is a nice time of the year to show to the beloved ones you love them and you think of them and you dedicate a special moment to them... when all this is made with knitting presents the situation starts being hectic.....

Who are the ones I love most?
First of all my husband... and I started knitting for him a scarf... the longest scarf I've ever knitted!
Long because of the length but long even because of the gauge: to make 10 cm of scarf I had to knit 40 rows... when I came to the end I could just repeat to myself NEVER ANYMORE!

It took me two whole months, but the result was awesome! I'm really proud of it!




Then it came to my parents: who does not love mum and dad?!!!

For dad I went for a simple ribbed beanie of soft alpaca. I was happy with the result and it took me 4 hours of work,but I did not expect the fact that my grumpy dad could be so happy to receive it... project really worth doing!



For my mum I was a little doubtful to what exactly she would like because she continues to say that after a certain age she decided to wear more sober outfits, with dark colors... so I let her decide the color, that was a dark gray, but I decided the shape... that was the patter of the Meret hat that I find lovely and feminine... she loved it too and I was happy!



Then my heart is all for my nephew and niece... two little ones of four and six that decided to draw themselves their own sweater.....

After Christmas I started with the more difficult one... the one for my nephew....
he wanted a green like a field sweater with triangles on it and trees!

Now I'm not just the genius of the knitting.... I'm a beginner and this was a real challenge... it was the first time I had to project a whole sweater by myself.... I started with the gauge and his measures, programming the developing of a top down raglan sweater. Then, to that plane project, I added some design elements....

It can be a simple result, but I'm glad because I was able to finish it!




Now that it's January I'm ready to start the sweater for my little princess... it will be a variation in pink and I bet she will love it! As she did not ask for a specific design element, but just for a color I will base it on a ravelry project and it will make me go faster!

The only thing is that, wanting to show them how much I love them, I had to put on hold my nice red Ambiente project... will I ever finish it?


No comments:

Post a Comment